Saturday, December 11, 2010

Resurrecting the blog!

I go through spurts in blogging.  Sometimes I will be so active, it takes over my life, others I ignore it for years. 

Well, I am back and better than ever.  Isn't that always what people say?

I suppose it is more of the Christmas spirit goading me into writing.  I need an outlet.  Work is so busy.  Care taking is so taxing.  Gosh, where do I start with my plunge into whiny-ness?

Ah, why be whiny?  I am one lucky and blessed chica.  I have a job, a roof over my head, a working car, friends, family (sometimes that is debatable!), lovely pets, food, clothing, cable TV....Internet....really what else could one ask for (and expect to receive!)?

Presents currently surround my walk space in the sun room.  I need to ship off gifts to my parents, Divalicious, my sister and her family.  Pookie's presents remain with me.  She is going to her father's this year for the holiday.  My holiday visitation is over New Year's. 

Why is my coffee not warm?  Shoot, must wander to the kitchen to add more caffeine to my already jittery self......

As I was preparing my now hot coffee, I wondered, is it normal to have conversations with your priest while you are showering?  Mental conversations.  My shower barely fits me, I don't know how Father would fit in there as well.

Do mental conversations in the shower with your priest count as Confession?  If so, I am well ahead of my scheduled meeting with him!

I need to check the price of shipping all the gifts to Florida...should I go UPS?  FedEx?  Postal Service?

When I left the kitchen, I noticed I have clean sheets to fold and work shirts I must iron.

No, this is not the most well written or clearly defined blog.  More a ramble of exotic thoughts.  OK, not that exotic.  More prosaic.

To be fair to me, I did update my online bill payer.  I like that.  Bill paying made relatively painless.  I also balanced my checkbook.  Yea me!

I think UPS, they will pack the box for me.  Oh bloody hell, I need to have the snakes completed first.  Time to pull out the sewing machine again and find the lavender.

However, on the plus side of my recent randomness, I pulled a ton of books off my shelves I will be attempting to re-sale on Amazon.  WOOT!

Truly, for me, life is good.  One day, it will be shared. 

I am ready for the Christmas tree to be down.  I will move the couch into the sun room since I want to get another that is more comfortable for the living room. 

Pookie is back from the convenience store.  She bought junk food.  Trying to get her to understand the calorie content of an iced coffee...

Ah, I have a to-do list a mile long.


~ Larissa

No comments: